New Conservative Leader Who Works for Us
John Carson was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in an October 2011 Special Election run-off. He represents the 46th District, which includes the northeast portion of Cobb County and the southeast portion of Cherokee County.
An Atlanta native, John Carson was raised in a family that encouraged conservative values, the importance of education, and an excellent work ethic. John's late father was an engineer for Georgia Power and small business owner, and his mother raised three sons and also worked in counseling roles at charitable organizations. In addition, both of John's grandfathers were middle Georgia farmers.
John's three main beliefs/priorities are faith, family and freedom:
- Faith - Belief in the Almighty God and his son Jesus Christ;
- Family - Loves spending time with his wife and children; and,
- Freedom - Belief that the best government is limited government that doesn't encroach on our God-given and Constitutional rights. Furthermore, he believes free-thinking people, practicing self-government and conducting business in a free-market economy are the best hope for our state and our country.
John has 18 years of Georgia public education, including:
- BBA in Accounting from Georgia State University; and,
- MBA in Finance from Kennesaw State University.
He is a CPA and is currently employed with SunTrust Bank as a Commercial Banker. He was previously employed with Home Depot (Atlanta), KPMG (Atlanta, London UK, and New York) and GE Capital (Connecticut).
John belongs to the following civic/professional organizations:
- Northeast Cobb Business Association
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Cherokee Chamber of Commerce
- Cobb County YoungLife (Committee member)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (North Atlanta Chapter)
- Anna Crawford Childrens Center (Board Member)
In addition, he has also been associated with:
- Cobb County Commission for Children & Youth (Treasurer, member of Executive Committee)
- Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout)
- MUST Ministries
- Rotary International
- Kennesaw State University Graduate Student Association (past President)
John and his wife Beverly have been married for eight years and have two children. Their family attends Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, and previously attended Mount Paran North Church of God for over ten years.